Saturday, January 06, 2007

willow

wondering, waivering, wishing
praying
weeping willow

while i should be in the midst of rejoicing,
my heart still is aching
the strain i am under is
at times
unbearable.

my arms, desiring to reach up
toward You
instead, sagging down
toward the ground
(weeping willow)

the weight in my heart
is almost too much to bear
the pruning i am under,
too much of a strain

but You trust in me.

why?
i have failed You time and again
and yet
You still are there for me
steadfast and true
because like the roots of the
willow
i search for water

and as Your word says,
...and (s)he shall be like a tree which is planted
near the running waters,
which shall bring forth its fruit, in due season.

(how long?)

No comments:

Violence is the first refuge of the incompetent. Issac Asimov