Sunday, January 14, 2007

please

  • i hear God does not give you more than you can handle
  • i consider that to be an untruth
  • officially on overwhelm
  • am struggling with my faith
  • my religion
  • my thoughts ramble
  • am disconnected
  • thank you God for at least
  • listening to the prayers of my friends
  • why do You not respond to me?
  • You are silent and have remained thusly
  • for months with me now
  • is this a confession?
  • might be
  • have been attending a different Church
  • different meaning not Catholic
  • i like it
  • i feel something when i am there
  • i am moved within me
  • i take notes
  • they go over Scripture in depth
  • i am hungry
  • i am thirsty
  • but feel as though i am checking out
  • God help me
  • please

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see, my dear, that you are

not blind
not paralyzed
not homeless
not computerless
not friendless
not jobless
not unloved
not untalented
not un-familied
not de-familied
not dying

perhaps this is only a partial list and yet, God owes us nothing..

change is good; apostasy, not so good. think on this; it's bigger than feelings

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful psalm..true and heartfelt.and sometimes you need to go where you can be fed and cared for.

Anonymous said...

and the worst time to make any such choice is when you are not feeling well.

Suzanne Temple said...

You say "I hear God does not give you more than you can handle. I consider that an untruth."

Mother Theresa says, "God does not give me more than I can handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."

The Ironic Catholic said...

God doesn't give you sickness, death, fear, period.

God does give you himself to overcome these things.

Keep being honest, keep writing, keep praying, and I will too.

Peace,
IC

Violence is the first refuge of the incompetent. Issac Asimov